Bungee Laces

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Its all about the hair...


In our family we seem to be going through a bit of transitional hair period. I've just traded my long locks for a rather short and flicky style, which everyone has raved about. I like knowing people think it looks good, but it also makes you wonder if the old style was really 'that bad'. Amelie is growing out her fringe (bangs) which is a hassle in itself and Caleb just won't cut his at all. I feel the teenage years approaching quickly when your 10 year old boy has an opinion about his 'hairstyle'.

Now there is Roy, my metrosexy hubby, who is very particular about his hair and loves his products. AND I am not just referring to hair products, but skin care, aftershave copious amounts of soaps and anything else made to make men smell gooooooooood.

I've recently taken on the challenge of cutting Roy's hair. He likes it fairly short, so its easy to give it the once over with the clippers and a then tidy up the edges with a few flourishes of my new haircutting scissors.

Now yesterday, was my third or fourth attempt. Things were going well, until I grabbed the wrong number of clipper guard and started shearing a little closer to the scalp than I had intended. I am kinda glad he couldn't see the look on my face.

I quickly changed blades and went on with the job. Mostly it went to plan, well, until I accidentally removed most of one sideburn. Oh dear. I think by the end, I was losing confidence and his disparaging remarks about how close the scissors were coming to his ears all but made me want to flee the room. Perhaps I should have...

In the end it turned out quite allright. I am not sure if he'll be coming to Heather's Salon again anytime soon, although, I can be rather persuasive at times! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oops! Hope you didn't plough through the middle with those wrong clippers. Could have done a reverse mohawk. Thats a good look.

    ReplyDelete