Bungee Laces

Saturday, August 22, 2009

OH BABY!


With ten weeks until the big 'B' day, I've been doing a bit of internet research about giving birth in an effort to ready myself.

It seems there are many choices for women these days from doing laps in a swimming pool until the baby joins you stroke by stroke, to the more traditional westernized version of laying on a bed with your legs hanging in stirrups.

Obviously the 'natural' way is to squat under a bush and be done with it in a matter of moments. That apple doesn't fall far from the tree here in Central Australia as it seems to be the traditional Aboriginal way of giving birth. But, even for Aboriginal women, the hospital still seems to be the place where the majority of women experience labour these days.

However, according to the latest research, there are some 'methods' women and their partners can employ to make the experience more, well, ummmm.... pleasurable. All it takes is getting a little hot and heavy with your hubby in the throws of pain because midwives claim that up to 20% of women can actually orgasm while giving birth!

Holy Smoke! That's not exactly how I would describe my last 'birthing' experience. I may have gasped and screamed, but it was more along the lines of 'Get it out!' than 'Get it in!'.

I don't discount this theory and I actually have been reading about it rather enthusiastically. Unfortunatley, my suggestion to take some 'toys' to the hospital with us to help enhance the pleasurable experience has fallen on deaf ears. But, I think a little sneaky 'make-out' session, when everyone leaves the room, may be called for. Who knows...

Of course, in all likelyhood, I'll be telling Roy, where to go with his amourous intentions on the day. However, I remain ever the optimist and I promise to give you the scoop when its all said and done.

Pucker up Roy!

1 comment:

  1. Do you really reckon Roy will have amourous intentions on the day? Who is hell would even consider that they might like to have sex while in labour!!!??? Morelike vowing never to have sex EVER.AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete